Tuesday, September 10, 2013

DEAD TO SIN


Dead To Law

It was August 21, 2001 I think. Knowing I am not the rider I think I am or dream of being, I tried to approach street riding road racing, like where cars are and stuff, with the same legal attitude that I took while flying Dad's V35.

It may be that, even being careful, or not, by the book, or not, keeping the law or not, is not the problem..............anyway I am riding to San Jose to give someone a hand setting some cabinets on a TI near Valley Mall, I think. Not wearing the usual shorts and sneakers with a tee shirt and helmet, I did have gloves, a leather jacket, and armored pants, and sneakers on. Thinking about the "back way" to San Jose and all the turns, twistys, telling myself it is more important to get to where I was going than to break a speed record getting there. Knowing that speed records have never been my specialty, I do try not to ride over my head, but...... It must be the difference of being in the air or on the ground.

Well here comes my first turn, heading east on Watsonville Road, a left on to Uvas Road. I like left turns, but I was too fast, for the off camber turn with a stop sign separating the north bound from the south bound Uvas road traffic turning west on Watsonville Road. For some reason I don't ever remember there being a stop sign, so I roll back headed for the east bound lane on Watsonville Road.

I remember seeing what appeared to be a light green 1953 Chevy pick up towing irrigation pipe. in my lane coming straight at me. They said I was going 55mph, when I hit a late model GMC pick up going 35mph, head on.

Oh shit, this is what they told me would happen, was what I thought, and I knew my life was about to end. The guy behind me that stopped was an off-duty police officer, I found out latter of course. I remember someone coming near me and I asked if they would take my helmet off,  "I can't do that" he said. Then I asked him to put me back on the bike so I could get the hell out of there, "you are not going anywhere dude", is the last thing I remember...........for a while..........then helicopter........finally I remember telling the people at the entrance of the trauma center to please call Sue at the Habing Family Funeral Home, they said I wasn't quite ready for them, then I let them know it was my family.

Gloria, was out of town, on her way home from Clarksville I believe. She saw me for the last time, as she was leaving on her trip. The new version of bill looks like the Michelin tire guy all puffed up as in huge. it would take over nine years of wheel chairs and pain, before God began the process of walking again.
So why did I tell you all that? to tell you this  Dead people are not under the law!
Come to find out after being in a coma for weeks. This accident was my fault! The police report said that I was riding in such a manner that I drew the pick up into my lane, resulting in the head on collision. Not on drugs or drinking, 9:00am (not that it matters) I have never been given a ticket, never been asked to pay for the pick up I hit, never been charged for the man's pain and suffering that I caused.

No one in law enforcement that helped me get to the hospital, or wrote the report, or was responsible for the issuing of citations, no one thought I was going to live, and Dead people are not under the law. so no ticket.
Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection,  knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin;  for he who has died is freed from sin.

The eternal life is not heaven after you die
What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life—  and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us— what we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ. These things we write, so that our joy may be made complete.

Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.”
The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,
Because He anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor.
He has sent Me to proclaim release to the captives,
And recovery of sight to the blind,
To set free those who are oppressed,
To proclaim the favorable year of the Lord.”
And He closed the book, gave it back to the attendant and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on Him.  And He began to say to them, Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.”
 


No comments:

Post a Comment